Thursday, August 27, 2009

I have a crier...

So, after bragging for the first week that I have no criers, I have one that has cried every day since Tuesday. On Tuesday, he cried almost the entire day, and for over two hours straight. So, that was fun. Oh, did I mention it was about nothing? Yea. That was fun. Ever since Tuesday, he's cried at least every day. Usually because he doesn't want to do something that we, as a class, are doing. Sometimes when he doesn't want to do something, he just sits and does nothing. So that's fun too.

But on a happy note, I have an awesome student with some sensory issues, who is doing so well, and I am loving it. He is able to function so well, with the help of some simple tools, like a wiggle seat and some sensory balls to hold. He's even able to self-regulate, and tell me "Mrs. Flynn, I need my wiggle seat." or "I need something to hold." When another child was very anxious and upset about something, he said, "Mrs. Flynn, I think he needs something to hold." And, it worked! So adorable. I love my kiddies. :-) So much love to go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment