Monday, August 17, 2009

Day Two and Parent Orientation

Okay, well today was the second day of school - still a 1/2 day, followed by parent orientation at night. I didn't get a great turn out from the parents - only about 1/2 showed. Last year, all but 2 showed, so that was a little disappointing. I hope it isn't a reflection on their future involvement! We shall see... But I felt like I was able to answer questions a lot more clearly this year, so that was exciting. But I still got total dry mouth and red faced throughout the orientation. I was just not created to talk to adults. I deal very well with 4-6 year olds, thank you very much.

I am so looking forward to our first full day tomorrow. It will be a whirlwind, I know, but I am looking forward to it, none-the-less. I am anxious to get into the real routines. Today, I am up to 21 students. I got one at about 10am. I didn't know how to spell her name, what her last name was, or how to send her home. My suspicion was that she would ride the bus, but another girl in my class said -"I live in the project. She don't live in our neighborhood. She don't ride the bus." But she told me the neighborhood she lives in, which is the same after all. Low and behold, she did. Hopefully she got home okay. I found out her full name (and spelling) after the day was over.

I hope I don't get up to 22. I lose one one Thursday, who only started because they're moving to Florida and she misses the cut off due to a late birthday, but can start there if she's transferring from somewhere else. So then I'll be back to 2o. Hopefully I will stay there, but I won't hold my breath. Obviously I will love every little baby I get. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment