Friday, August 14, 2009

Day One

Oh my goodness. I cannot express the feelings of today. Amazing-ness, perhaps. First of all, watching my babies from last year make their way down to first grade made me want to cry, and actually tear up. They are my first loves, and I will always remember each of those kids. I just love them! They all looked so proud and happy and excited, and one even told me when he saw me in the hallway, "I'm in first grade, Mrs. Flynn!" Oh my loves.

And then there are my new babies. Oh I am just so excited for all that this year will have in store. One child asked for a band aid, and another pulled one off her bloody knee and offered it to him. So much kindness and pure, good kids. Can't wait to teach them how to walk in a line, raise their hands, get someone's attention, respect our classroom, love each other, and learn to read and write. I started with 19, and ended the day with 20, and from what we've heard, we can expect to get more. So, I'm going to keep nametags on hand and pray. I think 20 just happens to be the perfect number...... I won't hold my breath though. They are so cute, and I cannot wait to see how far they will go this year. Just cannot wait. I am so excited for next week. And the one after that. And the one after that. And the one after that. And......

No comments:

Post a Comment