Thursday, October 29, 2009

Two pukers today.

At 7:45, one of my students came walking down the hallway to begin the day, hands cupped around her mouth, mid-barf. So, that was a nice beginning to the day. "Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop!" I yelled at the door. I grabbed the trash can and put it in front of her and said, "Okay, let go." And she did. All sorts of regurgitated breakfast all over my trashcan, her jacket, her shirt, her face, her hands, the floor. It was fun. Am I painting a picture for ya? Anyway, that was a good start to the day. Then we went on our field trip (after I sent her home, of course) and when we walked down the stairs in the theatre, another child was cupping her hands with vomit. We went to clean up (and I thus had no seat when I got back), and her mom came to get her when we got back. She informed me that she gets carsick. Would have been a nice thing to know before our week of two field trips on the bus, so that I could have put her in the front row of the bus. Anyway, it was loads of fun. Goood thing I'm not one of those people who gets sick seeing other people get sick (e.g. The Office 3 weeks ago). What can I do; I love my job. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment